Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Comcast fires 1200 employees with a DVD

Comcast is an evil, disorganized, poorly positioned company that's destined for a long ride through the troubled economy. I finally left a few months ago after fearing the cuts that somehow took place. The DVD thing has to be crap, or the DVD contains nothing that Comcast wouldn't expect to wind up in the hands of media outlets, etc. My guess is that there was nothing proprietary contained in the DVD if one was even handed out. The 1200 number is very low, I bet this total is just the Maryland/Delaware region alone. They're cutting anyone they think they can do without, and to their credit, there's been a lot of dead weight pulling down 6 figure salaries in exchange for not a lot of productivity. The shame of it is, the hard working folks that happened to be in their roles through the times of strife are now being targeted as the reason for poor financial results, when in fact it's been Philadelphia that's positioned the local markets for failure. Low pay to CAE's gets you low quality CAE's. Anyone out there ever notice the difference in the quality of assistance offered by IP Support rather than the Cable call centers? It's like the line between literate vs. illiterate, & sometimes worse. It's no employees fault that fios is a superior product... You can't position yourself for years as the "best value", and lose the price point marketing based on the claim that you're the best, if competitors launch a better product. Also, the CDV service was launched way too prematurely... They're using a 25 year old billing system meant to handle analog boxes to keep track of where phone service is active, and the devices aren't fully addressable from the billing system alone, meaning that there are thousands and THOUSANDS of emtas out there that show as "truck out" for buffer status, but in fact they're installed in homes, being counted upon for reliable 911 service, alarm functions, etc. Wait until they reach critical mass with that whole thing and try to clean up the list, you'll need a cell phone to report your problem once your emta gets shut off!!

Comcast isn't like other national brands... If you go to a Best Buy in Phoenix, it looks just like the Best Buy in Tampa, or New Jersey. They use the same reports, same processes and procedures, and all report to one corporate entity that controls national operations and mandates store policies, etc. Comcast is just a bunch of signs spread across hundreds of markets with local operations that rarely meet what Corporate is looking for in terms of adherence to policies, etc. So with hundreds of different places operating in hundreds of different ways, there's no mystery to why they can't seem to stay afloat against competitors with better products!

My 2 cents...
This is CABL.com posting #236259. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m9CN
Posted in reply to: Re: Comcast fires 1200 employees with a DVD by uglyoldlineman
There are 0 replies to this message