Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hooverville

I remember my Grand father telling me storys and a perspective of his thoughts . He said son I'm 90 yrs old .Ive seen cars lights power trucks tv radio man go to war many times Ive seen the great depression .I've seen man go to the moon medicines and city's change presidents killed and life in general become so much better . "what in the hell are you gonna see" . he said that in 1978.
I remember My dad back in 1960 During a recession that lasted
1 1/2 years his workers would clean the yard work on the cars trucks so they could eat . My grand father would have barbeque's
clam bakes And 100 people would be there . everybody helped each other . My dad worked a deal with the local bank not to foreclose on the people until THe people could work again
I remember My neighbor across the street would do the same and more , He was more affluent.
today You don't see lines and food lines because you can go on the computer and apply for food stamps ssi and alike.
the memories of the past are vast .
this is now just starting to be a depresion as tv and the computer Have a way of diguising the propblem . I believe this will get much worse .
chapter two next week (wave)
This is CABL.com posting #232273. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m8Av
Posted in reply to: Hooverville by voices
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Hooverville voices 11/14/2008 5:56:00 PM