Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Gts?

2brikshyvtwin
You’re correct; the good experienced sweep techs will survive.
The hacks and inexperienced will not. I know it’s a tough job but if they do their job they will make money. Unfortunately by the time the prime takes its cut the guy doing the actual work, in a lot of cases takes it in the shorts to pay for poor management.
When it’s all over sweep techs doing their job well can move on to the next job with a good reputation and the skills to continue with their carrier with their heads held high.

My point was to let others know that there are a lot of good sweep techs out there and the hacks are making it difficult for the ones that are doing their job.

Sometimes the truth hurts but from reading some of the other posts on here there are some that do understand what is going on out there and changes need to be made to get things back on track. I am sure once things get back in line the customer will not have to be so critical, the hacks need to move on so the “real sweep techs” can do their job, turn in good books and continue to do what they do best.

With the amount of sweep techs on the job, there is going to be some hacks and inexperienced sweep techs causing problems and ultimately causing problems for the sweep techs doing their job and trying to feed their families.
The hacks are the ones the customer is trying to get in line or get rid of.

If the sweep techs out there see or know of these hacks. They should do something about it so things can get back to normal quicker.

With the economy the way it is and getting worse. Sweep jobs are going to get pretty thin and the sweep technicians doing their job well should be and more likely will be the ones to survive. This is a small world and references form the customer does help when trying to get work elsewhere.

This used to be a specialized business and has become one that anybody who could afford to purchase a sweep meter thinks they can do this and it’s not that simple.

As anybody that has been doing this for awhile knows this is an art and takes a lot of experience and hard work to do it correctly.

Well, that’s enough for now.
I need to get back in to my installer training class so when I do get to phoenix I will be one step ahead of Mr. Quality Cable.

Mr. Quality Cable,
Thank you for the offer and I will look you up for that sweep training.(wave)
This is CABL.com posting #231197. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m8i9
Posted in reply to: Re: Gts? by 2brikshyvtwin
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Gts? JDylan 11/5/2008 12:13:00 PM
Re: Gts? dlightning 11/5/2008 11:16:00 AM