Create your free account now! Sign up

Is McDonalds Hiring?

This business of "companies" posting on here with job offers that lead to nowhere are thoroughly pi**ing me off. I leave an AFS in Feb. and it takes until Oct. to be paid is bad enough (at least I was paid with the help of an attorney friend/customer of mine and at no cost to me ), so I reply to an ad here on the bar.

AD # 1. I do as much research as possible on the company with the information provided and take a chance on selling and installing DTV here in my area through them. It takes a while to get things rolling but I finally receive a supply of IRD's. With customers lined up from my advertising and from referrals from past installs, I receive NO DISHES from this company. I am expected to "Acquire" them locally from a tech that works for the local HSP or AFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( Midnight Satellite Supply?? wink, wink, nudge, nudge)

My attorney now has the IRD's for safe keeping as I have wasted my time and money watching someone else install my sales.

AD # 2. A blind ad of course. I email for information as requested on the post. The email response I receive is, " I'll be happy to supply you information "ON THE PHONE!" So I email back providing my phone numbers as they DID NOT supply one for me to call. I get an email back telling me that I need to supply a scanned copy of my Drivers License AND my Social Security Card before I can receive any information on the position or on the company! What the F**K is up with that!!! So, I email them back and tell them that I do not feel comfortable sending out personal information to a "Company" that I don't even know is a company. I receive this.........................in an email..............................................

" It sounds as you have experience in this business. Directv had just enforced a new policy last week. There are some people on the "black ball" list. There is no other way, but to check your background before we can

----- Message truncated -----

Someone please help me understand all of this. I am at the point where I am considering selling my Birdog for $25.00 and the lucky buyer gets my van and all other tools, parts and pieces for free.
(joker)
This is CABL.com posting #230854. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m8dC
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Is McDonalds Hiring? mjtville 11/4/2008 1:07:00 PM
Re: Is McDonalds Hiring? vegassatellite 11/2/2008 1:17:00 PM
Re: Is McDonalds Hiring? voices 11/2/2008 1:12:00 PM