Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Has anyone else heard?

I understand that Comcast is mandating this change. But given the current price structure, all models will fail. I have not been involved with the install side of this business for many years. So I’m not questioning any of the information that has been posted, just adding a few thoughts.

Under an employee-based model, all State and Federal labor laws come into play.
Just think of the increased administration costs. All primary contractors will now need a fully staffed H.R. department to handle payroll and benefits. An accounting department will be needed for payroll tax deductions, fleet maintenance and fuel bills. A 40-hour workweek will be tracked and all overtime must be paid. Vacation time, sick time, holiday pay, I can go on and on. At this point you have duplicated the entire in-house infrastructure. So where is the benefit? Unless Comcast is making a significant increasing in pricing, I don’t see anything left to pay the employee.

I almost forgot the most important point. You can’t fire an employee without cause. Once that “HACK” makes the 90-day probation period, good luck getting rid of them. Now you will need field supervisors to document, in detail, everything they screw-up. If you think your babysitting now. The party is just starting.

Just my opinion (deal)
This is CABL.com posting #228745. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7FB
Posted in reply to: Re: Has anyone else heard? by Hybrid.PC
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: Has anyone else heard? yankee1 10/11/2008 9:20:00 PM
Re: Has anyone else heard? bushmaster 10/11/2008 3:50:00 PM
Re: Has anyone else heard? Hybrid.PC 10/11/2008 3:14:00 PM
Re: Has anyone else heard? voices 10/11/2008 1:44:00 PM
Re: Has anyone else heard? Splicer Life 4me 10/11/2008 1:21:00 PM