Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A couple of questions about getting into

I am not one to start a spelling war, but , I would actually either take the time to learn or google the correct spelling of satellite. If you came to me looking for work and wrote that word on a resume or application, I would send you packing. If you want to see what satellite is about, go to your local HSP's office , learn how to install a satellite, hopefully correctly then try something , maybe on your own. The problem with this industry now is that every Tom , Dick and Hairless Joe think they are satellite installers. It's not a hard profession mind you, but there are so many YooHoo's out here now that make my contracts hard to keep because of their low balling prices. Go to your HSP if you want to get into the satellite game. They will either make you or break you. Let me finish by saying most of the people who got the idea in their heads to do satellites, are not doing them now. I have been out here doing everything from c-band to v-sat and I install DTV to keep my bills paid. Not the most glorious position in the world, but that's what I do. Been doing it for more than 20 years and that's all I know. Makes it hard to swallow when I seem to have to compete against fellas that can't spell satellite , you would figure if your were a lemonade selling man and you spelled your sign wrong, you wouldn't get many customers. I know your prices would be lower than mine. That's what scares me..
This is CABL.com posting #228158. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m7v8
There are 0 replies to this message