Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: backcharged(

I agree.....
And Gabe, just for your information, the T1 service providers (including major telcos) also routinely deny that any problem is caused by them. That's what keeps me in business.
I just had a customer ask us to come out and find out why their T1 was down (Verizon at one end, AT&T at the other, and both were denying that problem was on their side). Tech determined that AT&T needed to come out and replaced everything, then the problem was solved.
Don't accept the backcharge lightly. Ask for documentation, see for yourself what happened and how the problem was fixed. Just because everyone is pointing their fingers at you doesn't mean it really was your fault.
Your employer may not have enough knowledge to get out of the backcharge either, and will pin it on you. Either way, learn from the experience, so that it won't happen to you again, or at least you'll know enough of when to stop if you see a mess of cabling and you don't have the proper testing equipment which should have been provided by your employer...And as an employer, in this type of case, judging from the info you provided, I would not backcharge this from an employee. Sometimes thats the cost of being in business...you should really try to negotiate with your employer on this one....I don't think you should bear all the responsibility, unless you were specifically told to do something and you did not do it....
Good luck!
This is CABL.com posting #226278. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m61O
Posted in reply to: Re: backcharged( by Northwest One
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: backcharged( cablemn86 9/5/2008 4:42:00 PM
Re: backcharged( cablemn86 9/5/2008 4:34:00 PM