Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: fiber thru coax

I'd have too see it to believe it. Sure wouldn't work on MC2 , or squirrel chew , or a crack look out . I wonder would the thin shield on QR take the pressure . How about the guts of armor jacketed with the clear scilone core. I dunno , I got some ocean front property for sale in Arizonia . I just think of pulling fiber and cable through duct with all kinds of lube and watching the mule tape break ,only to have to find the kinked duct and dig it up and fix it . I'd like to see it done. It would be better than the presentation put on by comcast in tuscon years back. The Ppc connectors rep was giving a demonstration to us splicers , when in walks hollowood from La. late , the rep tells him since your late lets see you install this connector , the old dog laughs , cores the cable and installs the connector and installs the cable with the proper length center conductor into its female connector. Hollywood then tells the rep lets see you do it . The Rep grabs the cable ,cores it and cuts the chit out of his hand trying to install the connector. Everbody breaks out laughing and the class was over . I know the story has nothing to do with fiber being pulled through old cable sheathing , but I thought I'd through it in any way . I guess the new process would onlly make since in trunk applications with longer spans . Again I dunno.
This is CABL.com posting #224936. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m6Ga
Posted in reply to: fiber thru coax by cabledad
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: fiber thru coax uglyoldlineman 8/18/2008 10:47:00 AM