Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Impact of H.R.6111

Ok .... I just got hired on as a sub-contractor with XYZ Communications. I use my own truck, pay my own insurance on my truck. I pay for all my own maintaince and gas to run my truck. I use all my own tools and ladders. I pay for my own liability insurance, disability insurance, and unemployment insurance.

XYZ Communications gives me 6 of it's company shirts with XYZ logo's on it that I have to wear. XYZ Comm. asks that I show up at thier warehouse at 7am to pick up my 6 work orders each day + supplies, and sign for converters.

My contract says that I have to rotate my converters every 14 days with thier warehouse. I must have all my completed work orders back to the office no later than 2 business days after work was completed.

I have 1st right of refusal on any same day call-outs.

XYZ pays me 1099 with no deductions. I am subject to back-charges for sub-standard work, but I am given 3 business days to correct before re-inspection. If I fail the 2nd inspection, then it's a manditory back-charge for the errounious portion of the install.
____________________________________________--

This is a sub-contractor working for a Prime.
No issues here with HR61111

now, let's look at some other common practices out there that the bill is trying to eliminate: (next post)
This is CABL.com posting #220716. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5z6
Posted in reply to: Impact of H.R.6111 by RadioMan
There are 0 replies to this message