Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: where do I go? - away from this site

If contracting - hard to find somebody to teach - after all, you'd be taking a job away from them.

I found CATV easy from every angle. Oh, sure people may know the terms more than I do - though, if you are using terms somebody maybe on the other end of the radio to explain it to them. I find it all a waste of time. I was an installer for 2 weeks (like that was a hard job) before the hurricane season hit in the south.....

I learned quick how do do it all in a big system, and even 2-way digital was in the process of rolling out... I turned into a sweep/splice/repair/CLI tech and my plant always worked. There will always be a nay-sayer out there (more than that from the looks on this site). Look into some plant construction contractor companies...WILLING to teach and learn... (if they are still out there)

Though, I always NO MATTER WHAT - check the input and output of actives. I cannot count how MANY times I have found the RF SCREAMING in and overdriving...from a pro "balancing" an amp back you can be a novice or a pro depending on who you are with. RF isn't all that tricky to deal with.

Cable, really isn't all that hard except for the hacks out there.

I couldn't name a splicing part or how to do it, I just did it - and I do not need a golden star for it. My paycheck was my golden star.

I have to say with the industry - this site has turned to COMPLETE CRAP. A shame. I remember I was able to post an issue and get some help on some old headend issues/settups when I needed it - now it seems if you ask something you poop in somebody's fruit loops. and have to weed trough BS to get an answer. heh. whatever guys.

Not helping people who want to learn also makes hacks......

This is CABL.com posting #220361. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5un
Posted in reply to: where do I go? by marcosooliveira
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: where do I go? - away from this site JWilson 6/13/2008 11:55:00 PM