Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Explain this please

Back in the day, a primary contractor was an old school dawg who knew this business front to back. Most of them could be taken at their word with a handshake. Than the Johnny come lately with a little capitol backing and no experience showed up. The secret was out. With a few expensive gifts to the right people, the money spigot was wide open.
What a concept, skim all the money off the top and hire inexperienced people to do the work. It’s sad to read the job postings now. Installers, no experience necessary. Splicers wanted, will train installers. Sweep techs needed, buy a meter, will train. Ingress techs needed, have a pulse, you’re hired. There are no excuses for the neglect and deplorable condition that most systems are in right now, but this does explain it. The MSO’s have now refused to pay for this, and the primes have turned to cannibalism. I believe this is why most techs are starving this year. But the optimist and capitalist that I am, sees brighter days. After all, someone will need to clean this mess up. Only time will tell.

Keep the faith Paul. I see it raining money soon. For people who know what they are doing anyway.

(beerchug)
This is CABL.com posting #219756. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5kC
Posted in reply to: Explain this please by paul rowe
There are 0 replies to this message