Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Analog Cable Issues

Hi,
Thank you all for your replies,

We have tested it with our Stealth meters, levels appear great, spectrum clean, this is the frustrating part.

Checked all cable span without a bump or dint being seen, my test TV connected to a 4db self-term tap is the exact same as a 26db self-term tap, channel 3 perfect, 5 not too bad, but everything else gone, and no vcr's in my truck :-)

final step is to change all pin connectors and tap housings completely we did change that Line Extender that serves it due to a weather-related damage a few nights ago, and it didnt make no difference what so ever, we have had an Arris TM402 modem connected now with 24/7 ip monitoring to see if expansion/contraction is a concern that causes droppage on that modem, and since its been there .................. 21 hours VERY clean no loss of sync, snr of 20 solid, perfect levels.... Return spectrum is very clean also think i have the first noodle scratcher that makes no sence, checked at the head end and the distribution (launch) trunk its clean, even prior to the span is very clean still.

Thanks again everyone for the replies.
This is CABL.com posting #219655. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m5iZ
Posted in reply to: Re: Analog Cable Issues by cablepro222000
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Analog Cable Issues cabledog 6/4/2008 7:45:00 AM