Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hdmi , s-video cables

Opinions are like A$$ holes,, we all get em. Like the doctor that uses all the latest technology available to him to make his job easier makes him,,, in my opinion wiser, and usually richer. In this industry, cable or satellite, there is not really much of a difference both use the same RG6 cable in a house, both use amps/multi-switches, and both have better than average techs and both have hacks. Both have people who claim one system is better than the other. And here is the kicker,, Sat techs use cable for internet and free HD boxes. Cable techs use Satellite for the Sunday Ticket. Just because you install the drop from the pole, or install the dish on the roof neither tech/installer runs the actual system and in most cases they really do not even know much about it other than how to make a drop, split or run lines to each tv location. Most techs only care about making a quick buck and screw everything else. In short both are the same or very simillar. Neither is very good at custom installations or installaing equipment into Crestron controlled systems. Both usually screw things up in multi million dollar homes. I am not perfect nor do I want to start a crazy useless argument but I am sure some of you will be offended, and for that I apologize but it is what it is and both fields are the same in many ways. Neither is really better than the other nor is the systems that are used to send signals. Take it as you want and give your opinions, agree or disagree. Both are basically the same. Its just the individual tech/installer that are the difference.
This is CABL.com posting #213151. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m3B5
Posted in reply to: Re: hdmi , s-video cables by ocgken
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: hdmi , s-video cables PREWIRETECH01 3/10/2008 1:12:00 AM