Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hdmi , s-video cables

Again, I don't want to offend anyone, but how can you say cable television is the same as satellite? I agree installs are, but there is more to cable than installs. What I was trying to point out is that it takes a lot more knowledge to run a cable system then put up a satellite dish.
I don't mean that satellite is inferior or anything but there is more to a cable system than installs. Anyone with a drill and a screwdriver can do installs but it takes a lot of knowledge and experience to run a cable system. I beg anyone to argue satellite is more complicated than cable.
And again, I am not saying one is better than the other just that cable takes more skills and I'm not talking installs. If someone doesn't have cable it is harder to get it to them, it takes more than four holes in a roof.
I don't mean to say anything about installers either, without them no one would get service, but how many "satellite techs" have you heard of? I hate to repeat myself but the comparison I made earlier about satellite being like a shot gun, point and shoot I thought was very accurate.
If I offended anyone I am sorry. I have done a few satellite installs but I am not an expert and I welcome different opinions about the subject.
This is CABL.com posting #212766. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m3vS
Posted in reply to: Re: hdmi , s-video cables by Nate30
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: hdmi , s-video cables PREWIRETECH01 3/10/2008 1:03:00 AM
Re: hdmi , s-video cables SATMAN/MEMPHIS 3/5/2008 5:45:00 PM