Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Digital Cable on 71 outlets

There's a couple of possible options I can think of, but only 1 option that allows them to have access to the entire digital tier.

1) Not sure how the gym is laid out, but you might want to look into using an Infrared extender setup. You would have a single STB for each machine, but you could locate the STB's in the utility room. Here is a link to one type of company that sells products along these lines. One of their product offerrrings works over coax, so you may not need to rewire anything. I would suggest calling them with your STB models(as I wouldnt assume every model will work with this), and location-specific details to ensure you cover & plan for everything. Try google, keywords "IR extender" to see more companies & options.

http://www.hometech.com/infrared/index.html

2) Short of Option 1 doing the trick...and assuming your digital is encrypted(minor exception of locals most likely)...I would think you would have to go the route of STB's to decode and use a bulk analog mod setup to give them their choice of "X" number of digital channels to have available. Where "X" is obviously however many analog carriers you can give them.

3) Not sure how your network is setup or your options...but a possible 3rd option would be to use a dark fiber to send them an unencrypted lineup in GbE format. You could then setup a bulk edge analog modulator like the RGB SEP-48 and create a solution for the next "N" number of customers with a similar situation. This option requires a few specifics to your network( and some HE additions)...and is probably the least cost effective for a single setup like this. It also doesn't necessarily do anything different than Option 2, but it becomes a cost/nefeit excercise. Although it could give you some flexibility down the road for other similar scenarios. A link to the SEP-48 is here:

http://www.rgbnetworks.com/products/pdf/sep48_ds.pdf

Not sure if any of these are great solutions for you, and cost/ROI is definitely going to drive what your options are...hope that helps, or helps to spark an idea anyway.
This is CABL.com posting #212233. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m3nh
Posted in reply to: Digital Cable on 71 outlets by johnmc3
There are 0 replies to this message