Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Random noise at AMP/LE/Node

Could be several things.
could be coming thru the ground to your meter, are you bonded to phone, or power at those locations? bad power transformers,,,voltage on a drop, low voltage on the strand. close to a really busy road. something close to you. bad test points. ext, test points tend to go bad. lots of pluggin and unpluggin ya know and corrosion. If you see it where you are but not b4 thats usually the most common things I have found. I am assuming you know that your meter is good, the f81 is new, your hp or pathtrak is set up correctly.
remember when checking for voltage to ensure your meter is grounded to a known good ground. If the ground is where its coming from you wont see it ya know.
One time I was working with a guy and his truck caused impulse.
took awhile to figure that one out but when I did it was a perfect tool to locate opens haha, but ya he had a hell of a time, sometimes he would shut his truck off and it was clean, every time he checked the return and his truck was running with his inverter on he would see impulse. Kinda funny thinkin back. yo good luck. let us know what you find man.
This is CABL.com posting #200162. Tiny Link: cabl.co/m0eA
Posted in reply to: Random noise at AMP/LE/Node by joe1981al
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Random noise at AMP/LE/Node deleted 10/12/2007 11:58:00 PM