Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 90 Day Policy

Y'know....

I had this argument with the shop manager about shops accepting crap rates and whatnot. I told him that most companies were spineless and have no balls to stand up to an MSO and tell them they won't work for less. It's all about protecting their income. Sure, they'll take the paycut, but they'll pass it on. He said they always try to keep the techs working. I told him it wasn't doing techs any favors to take the hit and keep working. I told him that there's still the same number of subs calling for installation, etc. That if one shop folded because they didn't want to take the hit, that installers would be fine and could get a job at another shop because everyone else would be hiring to pick up the slack. Good installers can always get another job at another shop, what they can't take is shops across the board taking paycuts. That is the dis-service to installers being done on a daily basis. So I told him before he acts like their shop is doing installers any favors, to think about that the next time a paycut is being passed along. If they wanted to do a tech a favor, they would sack up and not take the hit. Of course, their so worried about being undercut that they trash their name as they replace good techs who move on with crap techs who ground to gas lines and can't do customer ed because the sub doesn't speak spanish.
This is CABL.com posting #199534. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZ4s
Posted in reply to: Re: 90 Day Policy by hscable
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 90 Day Policy smithc185 10/4/2007 12:48:00 AM