Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: well pump problems

Ok this is not a question I thought I would ever see here. And I hate to admit but I just may know a solution. I have only ever had 3 things cause a well to loose its prime. The first is drought, Are any one else in the area having the same issue? The second is a bad pump seal or bad pump. The third is a cracked line. The third sounds more likely unless you are in a drought.

You said you had been getting a lot of air. And as old as the lines are a crack could be likely. Check the lines form the well head to the pomp first as they are easiest to check. If nothing there, pull the well head and pull the lines out and check them. You don’t what to do this unplanned as my old well was a 250’ deep well with a stainless steel pump in the well. And my shallow well is 25’ make sure you have room to pull the lines out.

A bad seal in an above ground pump can suck air while the pump is not running allowing the prime to run back into the well but the pump will leak or drip from the housing while it is pumping.

This is CABL.com posting #198053. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZGz
Posted in reply to: well pump problems by hootie hoot
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: well pump problems hootie hoot 9/11/2007 9:13:00 AM