Create your free account now! Sign up

What a way to start the Day

Well came into work this morning hit the pool for a few laps, went to breakfast like I do every day. I'm on my way to the office when I remember I had a contractor in the headend yesterday getting ready to do some building penetrations for a new duct path being installed.
I should check an see how this guy did since he worked late last night.

I get to the head end and grab the doorknob and its warm.....vary vary warm. I'm thinking this is not good so I look in the window to make sure I not adding air to a fire, everything seems find. I go and open the door and find the asshole turned off the damn A/C to the entire headend. It must have been 170 in the place. Half the equipment is not working correctly cause it's over heated I needed gloves to touch anything. I've never seen it so hot.

I was so pissed and cursing so much and so loud people outside were taking the long way around the building. I got the A/C back on
and am running 2 manhole fans blowing through the racks. It's been an hour and a half and the equipment is still hot. Good news is most of the channels are back on line. I'm going to read this guy the riot act when I see him today, I think I'll keep him out of the headend for a day that should teach him not to turn off switches that are marked DO NOT TOUCH!

Now thanks to him I have to rebalance every thing once it's cool enough. I just did that Monday. I hate to repeat work especially when it was done right the first time. I hope this is not how the rest of my day goes.....
If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking.
This is CABL.com posting #197387. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mZvP
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: What a way to start the Day Baitricus 9/3/2007 8:20:00 PM
Re: What a way to start the Day Splicer Life 4me 8/30/2007 2:27:00 AM
Re: What a way to start the Day cablepro222000 8/30/2007 2:04:00 AM
Re: What a way to start the Day 1brikshyvtwin 8/29/2007 10:27:00 PM
Re: What a way to start the Day deleted 8/29/2007 9:39:00 PM