Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Quality Control Following Me!

Thanks for all the responses.

I just want to say that I haven't been singled out. This QC guy following people around thing is happening to everyone who works in our area. It's happening to techs who sub for at least two of the contracting companies in our area..that I know of. There's 6 QC guys (they ARE QC guys) in our area, I know all of em from the many days we've spent together (well they clock out on their phone at 4PM sharp and head home so it's not really the entire day) and their entire job right now is to follow techs around..that's it, that's all they do right now...as far as I can tell there's no one going around checking work done by someone who isn't being followed. I'm just assuming that based on my conversations with the QC guys (they won't admit it) and the fact that no one's seen a QC Pass/Fail sheet in a couple of months.

Now, the rumor that I've heard is that the TW management in Charlotte is almost all new and from NY....and it's some master plan for turning our system around. I was curious as to whether anyone else has heard of something like this happening. I know it's unbelievable. In fact when they first started doing the ride-a-longs there was a lot of big talk from some people saying "they can't do this", and "they won't follow me", but in the end they either quit or they're getting used to it.

I know for a fact that techs have gotten in trouble for trying to avoid the QC guys. You see you don't know if you're getting followed until around 9AM when they usually call you to see what job you're at (except for a couple of em who call all your morning customers to try to figure out where you're at). A buddy of mine intentionally told the guy the wrong job and was later told that if he tried that again he was gone.

So yeah. It's a crappy situation.

Thanks again
This is CABL.com posting #195861. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mY7d
Posted in reply to: Re: Quality Control Following Me! by slimhefty
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Quality Control Following Me! vegassatellite 8/6/2007 11:10:00 PM