Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: bank of america?

Well, I too would be pissed off if this most recent wave of immigrants were actually "illegal", in the truest sense of the word, and received all those services you mentioned, but the fact is most were summoned, and even so, the majority still do not have the most basic of rights.

The vast majority of these immigrants were summoned by American employers seeking willing and cheap labor, I do not know of anyone who disputes that so as far as I am concerned they were invited. Not unlike some of our ancestors who were summoned to fight our wars, build our railroads or otherwise become laborers at times when the labor pool required more willingful workers, this most recent wave of immigrants were summoned for their ability to work. Maybe not legally, as you say, per the Immigration and Nationality Act, but certainly legal in the eyes of those who were hired, paid, taxed, and in some cases even housed. So if you want to bitch at those doing the hiring, go for it, as they are the actual culprits here. Try starting with the company you currently work for, where if like most they have an "illegal" or two on their underground crew, doing the kind of labor we would rather not do.

BTW, no act has passed so I don't know where you read they will be entitled to SS. Although they should be because the ones who were paid legitimately had to have SS and Medicare taxes deducted from their checks. Even if a false SS card was used those deductions were still made.

Also, even if a terrorist got hurt while planting a bomb a public hospital would be required to treat him. It's the law and defined in the Emergency Medical Treatment Act. I would not call that "free healthcare".
This is CABL.com posting #195362. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYZa
Posted in reply to: Re: bank of america? by sab3r
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: bank of america? voices 7/31/2007 7:01:00 PM
Re: bank of america? sab3r 7/31/2007 2:43:00 PM