Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: How much crap is too much?

Personally. Ive had it in Ohio with the way this business has been hijacked by managers and marketers and any other greedy blood-suckers. Too much management bloat and sales commissions apparently suck up the money... The cost of supplies and fuel goes up... The complexity of the install with multiple sats, (some ridiculously low in the sky, yes I mean the 129' HD bird) sometimes multiple dishes, dual tuner dvr's, HD, trying to teach customers how to use this stuff, especially the old, inept and non-English speaking... No pay for not-homes or no line-of-sites which I still have to document and call in... oh, and the long hold times... Back-charges for stupid things, even if the box or lnb go bad or if the customer can't remember what channel tuner 2 is on and insists on a tech to fix their "snowy picture"!!! They want all jobs guaranteed for 6 months! And all the while the pay rate has been going down! (Yet, programming fees keep rising. Hmmm... ) Contractors are forbidden to charge for extras, custom installs, pole mounts... The customer would complain if you even suggest extra charges because they're conditioned to expect everything for free anyway. You see, this industry has literally made us worthless. We are worth less than we used to be, by the simple fact that we accepted to make less per job than ever before. SO THE VALUE OF WHAT WE DO HAS BEEN DIMINISHED! If you want to make a decent living, the pay simply doesn't cover the cost of doing business, especially when each completed install or service call is another potential charge-back! Oh yeah, I just quit. Finally had enough!!! Found work the next day in home remodeling. If any of you agree and have some money stashed, lots of credit or another field to jump into, I suggest you do the same. What will the Generals do when all the soldiers walk off the battlefield? One more thing... I have an attorney looking into some legal issues concerning pay, back-charges, etc... Companies who rob and cheat need to be taken down... legally, of course!

orbitfax
This is CABL.com posting #194385. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYJp
Posted in reply to: How much crap is too much? by brandar
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: How much crap is too much? rmallic 7/14/2007 8:26:00 AM