Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore?

I know that I am getting beat on these DVR's..I for one protest all bogus " custom fees" but the person I worked for said the retailer looks at the dvr's as though everyone is getting a paid wallfische out of the installs..I for one have a 99.9 percent record of standard installs. I have been out here along time and can actually tell the difference between a standard install and a custom install...These dvr's take you completely out of the "install norm"...In any given week, at least for the past couple months, I have been doing 80 percent dvr installs...You won't believe how many 3 boxers with a dvr in an apartment..Incredible...Nothing makes me more perturbed than multiple dvr's on one install...For the driving part guys, you would hate to see my odometer..I drive a 2001 GMC full size truck with 185,000 miles, all installs....In a normal week I spend $500 on supplies and fuel, If I don't make $1,200 I am in poverty land...You guys look on you map , just as an example in a daily route for me...Take tomorrow for instance..seven installs...start in Memphis..drive 1 hour north , 58 miles to Covington, TN, turn around come back to Memphis, after that run 23 miles to Arlington, TN, cut through the woods 30 miles to Collierville, TN..after the Collierville, drive 83 miles to Corinth, MS....install... drive 56 miles south to Tupelo, MS....then go back north for 43 miles to Marietta, MS.. That right there puts me 148 miles from my house when I get done..You guys add that up..Not complaining but I cover a very large area for 2 brokers...Going all the way from the south KY line to the TN river to Starkville, MS on the east side of MS all the way to Greenville, Greenwood , MS into the AR all the way up to the boothill of MO...30 mile limits would keep me in Memphis where I have a bunch of work as of late...Thanks Comcast...I just don't see it coming.. I would love to sub out some of my work but the rates people are paying you can barely make it yourself on what you get
This is CABL.com posting #194277. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYHF
Posted in reply to: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore? by oldschooldbstech
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore? digger35971 7/14/2007 11:14:00 PM
Re: Who can afford to install Dtv's DVR anymore? oldschooldbstech 7/12/2007 11:46:00 PM