Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: What about this for an immigration plan

Let's see here, When was the last time you heard of a hack complain about 50 an hr?

There may still be companies out there that still prefer quality over cost, but in the reality of it all, not nearly enough of them.
when rates in our industry drop what does this do to the Good experienced worker?
It creates a sense of doubt, not just in the workers abilities to compete, but for the future of the career choice. Cheap labor for the simple fact of lower rates to obtain higher profit margins? How does that compute into GET BETTER? So someone gets better, yet the rates are still low. now where Lies the answer? Can you take a pay cut just to compete. And if so, how low can you go?
You give the impression that without the foreign or illegal work force that this country would be in great peril. I don't see how, this country has had and always will have the ability to roll up the sleeves and get the job done.
Doesn't anyone find it odd, that the illegal issue becomes hottest at the same time minimum wage gets a hike?
The rule is still the same John, If all the illegals that are doing work get the benefit of minimum wage at it's increase, and employers are forced to comply, what do you think those employers will do? Do you actually think they will keep these people on? They will get sh8 on just like others before. Because an employer knows for the same amount of money he is unwillingly paying he will just as well get someone in there who speaks and understands ENGLISH.
In the words of the great Merle Haggard let me say this to your comment about Americans, " Your walkin on the fightin side of me".
This is CABL.com posting #193113. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mYoT
Posted in reply to: Re: What about this for an immigration plan by John.G
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: What about this for an immigration plan John.G 6/22/2007 2:30:00 AM
Re: What about this for an immigration plan John.G 6/22/2007 1:56:00 AM