Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: I walked right in

One. There were not any immigration laws when Columbus touched down because our country was not our country then.

Two. Other cultures, and I am guessing that what you mean by that are prior immigrates, did not enter the US (when it was the US) illegally. American immigration laws have been enforced thoughout the ages, often times laking during times when imported labor was wanted, like now.

Three. If fighting in a war makes one an American where does that leave those rich enough to never attend. Or me for that matter. I was never invited.

Four. No people has broken any law if they are granted amnesty.

Five. The US has the 5th largest Spanish speaking population in the world. So of course bilingualism, especially from government, is becoming more common.

Six. Until WWI, German was the 2nd most dominant language in America. They were the first to publish our Declaration of Independence (in German) and they wrote our first armed forces training manuals. I don't know if the "Americans" of the time bitched about that but they certainly did learn to cope.

Seven. I don't see anyone getting a hand out here. You work, you get paid. Simple as that.

Eight. It is decent, not descent. Learn English, Mr American.
This is CABL.com posting #191977. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mX6z
Posted in reply to: Re: I walked right in by sumahit
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: I walked right in sumahit 6/8/2007 2:29:00 AM
Re: I walked right in John.G 6/8/2007 2:08:00 AM