Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: the new guy.........

What I for one would like to know is why is anyone of us out there working for free? There is money to be made if you are willing to take the time and talk to the customer about an instal and show them that it isnt all free. The fliers that is sent out in the fine print tells then that a complex or custume installation isnt free. If you take the time with the customer and show them this they will either call the co. or pay you for the work you preform. The work Im talking about is wallfishes,polemounts,attic and crawl space crawls,and anything else that is over and above the simple wrap the outside of the house and one wall entry closest to the tv and box.
We the installer spent our money time and effort on doing a qaulity install.So why not make them pay you for your time and gas and so on and so forth.I have went as far as to tell a customer you have to pay the heat and air guys , you have to pay the plumber and you have to pay the electrition, and if you want this installed your way then you will pay me for my time and materials. Most of the time when you put it to them that way they understand and pay or say they dont want it that bad, and if they say they dont want it that bad then they wouldnt have kept the service no way they just wanted something for free. (usa)
This is CABL.com posting #191519. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXZb
Posted in reply to: the new guy......... by lostintx
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: the new guy......... cabledog 6/3/2007 8:14:00 AM