Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sorry splicing done in kansas

When Multimedia (name of company before it became Cox) did there upgrade in the mid to late 90's they hired in-house employees to do all the splicing. All the splicing on their system was done by cable company employees. Not sure if your referring to new splicing or splicing that had been done in the past. I spliced their for awhile in 01 and it was no picnic trying to splice their system with what material they gave you. I usually only received a certain amount of fittings, housing to housings, etc that a designer issued in his BOM for the job. Underground was direct buried and usually hacked by the company that installed it. I would have to dig up the cable to where it was kinked and straight splice brand new cable. I never could get a spec sheet on how they wanted the splicing done. I always tried to make it as nice as i could with what they gave me. They tried re-using as much .412 and .500 cable as they could get away with no matter what condition it was in. Usually when i went to re-core it would just crumble apart. Usually had to end up cutting cable back to other side of pole and straight splice it in. Even that became a challenge since they wouldnt issue me any block splices. I can go on and on but wont.

Anyways that was several years ago and i dont know what the splicing is like that has been done recently over the past 6yrs.
This is CABL.com posting #191377. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXWT
Posted in reply to: sorry splicing done in kansas by cablgod51
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: sorry splicing done in Kansas sumahit 5/31/2007 4:48:00 PM