Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Border Control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a true story...I think I have mentioned it before. When my parents divorced, I left a giant home in Carlsbad, CA and moved to El Monte, CA with my Mother.

I was enrolled at two separate schools (we moved to Rosemead, CA) where we said the pledge of allegiance in Spanish and then English!! I believe it was Maxim Elementary and Cherry Lee Elementary where this took place.

There were only about a half a dozen Caucasian kids at each of the schools at the time. Most of the text books were in Spanish, and the teacher would have to request English books for me during reading lab.

Many times, they did not have that particular lesson in English so I had to learn to speak, read, and write in Spanish. Dick and Jane just aren't the same in Spanish, and I cant even begin to tell you what spot was up to.

I was the minority. I was pushed into bathroom stalls and jumped everyday just because of the color of my skin. I think this is why I have empathy for minorities. Not just Hispanics, but Blacks, Asians, and even Canadians (Dustyboots).

It is hard to be judged and treated badly because your skin is the wrong color. I do not like it when people stereo type because most of the time the perception is far from the truth.

Here is one....Don't trust whitey....they will stab you in the back and take advantage of you. Those are two things I do not do, yet I could not gain the trust of my peers. It is very hurtful.

Since 911, I fully agree we should secure our borders from everyone who is not coming in to the country legally as are most of you.

My question is, why are we always blaming the Mexicans for everything when there are Korean, and Arabic's cells with much more sinister plans.

Some groups do not come here for a job and benefits, they come here, establish a business and work it for 20 years before we find out they are spys or terrorists?

Do we dismiss them because most are business owners with higher incomes? I know some people from Syria who own over 100 gas stations and liquor stores who all call them selves Mike. They all come from the same city in Syria and know each other and are connected to one another business wise.

I worked for an Asian company and import/exporter who brought in over 100 containers a day through the port of Los Angeles. I quit working there when my Cambodian/Vietnamese boss when to jail for something illegal in one of those containers.

He told me he had to go "Inside" for a while to protect the others. I wonder, what they are hiding?

Instead we pick on people who buss our tables and dig our ditches...go figure.
This is CABL.com posting #190921. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXPx
Posted in reply to: Re: Border Control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! by Wife of a cable guy
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Border Control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wife of a cable guy 5/23/2007 2:37:00 PM
Re: Border Control !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! deleted 5/22/2007 9:33:00 PM