Create your free account now! Sign up

Any SAII experienced sweep Dawgs out there?

I'm looking for some help from someone with more experience than myself. I'm not new to cable, but this is my first sweep job. I'm sweeping in a system that is mostly SAII and having some trouble that I can't seem to fix no matter what I do. As I sweep in the morning I don't have too many problems. But as it starts to warm up(I'm in the desert) the amps start to 'hump'. What I mean by that is I get a 6db(or more) hump in the middle of the picture that I can't explain or fix. Is there some one who has experience with this kind of thing that could point me in the right direction? Some of the Gain Maker stuff we swept did the same thing, but only when you had several LE's in cascade. This is causing a problem by the second amp out when the first amp was OK. It's not an isolated problem as it's happening on all legs of this node, and other guys here are having problems too. any help will be greatly appreciated as I'm at the point now that I'm better off to spend all day sitting in my hotel room and not burn gas than to drive out to my node and fry in the sun all day to produce nothing! Thanks in advance.

'still got that newbie smell'
Restoguy
This is CABL.com posting #189537. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXtd
There are 10 replies to this message
Re: Any SAII experienced sweep Dawgs out there? tommygun1 5/9/2007 11:14:00 PM
Re: Any SAII experienced sweep Dawgs out there? restoguy 4/30/2007 11:42:00 PM
Re: Any SAII experienced sweep Dawgs out there? jdahl1979 4/29/2007 9:58:00 AM
Re: Any SAII experienced sweep Dawgs out there? SBCASweepTech 4/28/2007 10:18:00 AM
Re: Any SAII experienced sweep Dawgs out there? CATV727 4/28/2007 12:44:00 AM