Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Going rate for sweep/ A must read

Thats a sub price , only catch is the the prime wants you to fix the problems for free . Just because you had to TDR a span to find the squirrel chew where the cable was treed out , hell they loaned you the TDR , it should be free , Right . Oh and lets not forget the EOL terms . , that the upgrade splicer left un changed because he was supposed to hook that easement pole and do it for free , but he didn't feel like it so he took loose a house drop from the house to get his EOL , so now its your turn . It gets better , your doing the worst easement's , 60 ft. spans , high wood fences , dogs etc.etc. and on your way to your job , you pass another company doing that sweet , roadside , 400-600 ft spans ,no squirrels , the farmer is a hunter and he happens to like squirrel , you really start to get pissed thinking how you got all the suck(moon) running ,and because you work for the prime and he's running behind and its year end push time is here , the mother company thinks they should give your gravy to someone else . Your really chapped so you go back to the office and the project mgr. gives you a jar of Vaseline . That makes everything perfect . Your already taking it in the (moon) but now there is Vaseline , what the hell ,the primes already been greased ,he's mad because his gravy was given away , but he's happy because he has you and your stupid enough to give him 40% to 60% of your money to have him hold your hand as you do his work . I don't know about you but there is something wrong with this picture to me and Vaseline , a smile and a handshake , a free dinner that you actually bought doesn't cut it . Prices will go up when people decide to stop working for peanuts . I'm not trying to start nothing here or am I??? Have you had enough?? Or do you like the taste of Vaseline . Ducks not trying to piss anyone off here . I say its better to be pissed off than pissed on.
"WHITFIELD"
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #189372. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXqy
Posted in reply to: Re: Going rate for sweep by jjraw
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Going rate for sweep/ A must read sumahit 4/25/2007 5:54:00 PM
Re: Going rate for sweep/ A must read Wolf1 4/25/2007 5:28:00 PM
Re: Going rate for sweep/ A must read JBROADKING 4/25/2007 3:04:00 PM
Re: Going rate for sweep/ A must read Splicer Life 4me 4/25/2007 10:14:00 AM