Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: cabling...

that part needs to be handled as you learn the business or at least have a partner that already knows it. to ask on the bar "HOW do i pay?" is a slap in the face to at least half of the regulars here as more than a few are, have been or will be at the mercy of someone that, despite his best intentions, knows jack about the business. that person will in turn wind up (more than likely) getting bitch slapped by the mother company, not getting paid, and will then (more than likely) not be able to pay those that did the work and knew THEIR jobs. i can accept someone asking "what percentage should i as a new prime take" as that person at least has some knowledge of how the game works, and just isn't sure how bad he's been getting cornholed for x amount of time. but to not know how to pay, probably means he doesn't really even know how to bill. i didn't want to go this far into it as i felt my original post summed it up without going too far, and now i fear that i have. all the same, the thread bothers me to my core every time i scroll through and see it. it's no offense to anyone intended, but i sincerely feel that if you don't know this biz, it's best to start out somewhere below check signer. it's dirty and it's tricky and a lot of people are depending on you. regardless of where you sit in the heirarchy. i'm done preaching.

have a good night all.
This is CABL.com posting #189024. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXkW
Posted in reply to: Re: cabling... by joystick
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: cabling... oldmanh 4/19/2007 11:36:00 PM