Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Can't Find A Job

You dont think they are any harder working than americans? Growing up I work the hay fields, picked cabbage and lived a long way from a micky Ds. We were farm boys and by no means slackers but for the most part we couldnt outwork the illegals. We had some from further down Mexico that had been in the fields since they could walk. Yah no education, no school dances, no football games, no lunches made by the cafeteria ladies, no expressos. They wanted to show up work hard and impress the farmers so they could come back next year. They lived in shacks and did the jobs that few Americans would do. That was a different time and they are doing just like Americans have done. They moved into hospitality/foodservice sectors because the labor is in high demand, more consistent and easier. Its not being American makes us lazy. I think its the opportunities we have to make a better living doing whatever or just the social embarrasment some have of doing low paying jobs. I have talked to people from European and middle eastern countries and they all complain of America as a hardworking society and they miss the social life from back home(working few hours and hanging out with neighbors wife or fishing or whatever). If someone is hard working and can keep their mouth shut and do their darn job I will hire them in a second. I have yet to find a newspaper that doesnt have help wanted ads. If you truly need to pay rent then go get a job and quit whining. Sometimes its easier to sit on the fence and judge who is getting shafted and who is not paying enuf. Take a look at it from a primes aspect- 9/11 Insurance increased in all facets- Hurricane seasons pounded the US the last few years again Insurance hits me again- Gasoline affects everyone- rent goes up-And suddenly we get a ridiculous offer of a raise and it has to be passed to techs. All this taken in while several cable systems struggle financially. Ever worked for charter, cox or media one and tried to get paid net 30? In the process I struggle to pay out this 900k payroll and havent seen the first dime. So guess what I have to go to the bank and pay interest on a project that has alrdy cut my bottom line. Last I have to either take a hit on the chargebacks(because billy bob has hacked up a node) or get a lawyer and sue said company. All the while the contractor is on the cable bar complaining about not finding work! I can honestly say in this business hacks are a dime a dozen. Pick your battles and you guys can make money. Do quality work whether its pennies on the dollar or the big bucks. Your reputation will speak loudly in this small cable world
This is CABL.com posting #188419. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mXbb
Posted in reply to: Re: Can't Find A Job by voices
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Can't Find A Job K R ZACK 4/10/2007 8:57:00 PM