Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Do "dawgs" bathe?

good point, i think in my networking classes once upon a moon latency for a sat uplink was about 30 seconds end to end although i might be wrong on that as well as anything else i try to remember from a former life. and you are right, it is the analog that kills them, but it goes beyond that. honestly it's unfair to cable to have to carry analog and i'm guessing that it's just a matter of 5 years before most analog systems are gone digital, but it will still have the same problems it has now..........one problem affects several hundred people, and can take days to fix.......watching tv in a REALLY bad storm the other day i lost a few transponders so i switched over to the cable to watch the weather channel..........must've been lightning somewhere.........it and my internet died...........stayed that way for hours..........sat was back up in a few minutes with a few outages on a few channels that lasted just a few seconds. mechanical plant just goes down too much for too long. there will be a better technology out there i'd imagine. but coductive plant and constant need for repetition, amplification, and fine tuning won't be it.
This is CABL.com posting #188018. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mW4I
Posted in reply to: Re: Do "dawgs" bathe? by vegassatellite
There are 0 replies to this message