Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dish Standard Install

On the first trip there I thought I was going to a house. No I didn't go back yet, nor did I do the install yet. I explained to the customer the situation and he don't want to pay. My boss says if you don't want to go back and do it we'll get somebody who can. Boss says it's got to go in because it's a "premium" ??? account??? Boss says the install pays the same if it's a house or a commercial, even tho that's not the way it's going down. I even asked the lady at the business if the personal name on the account was the owners name. Turns out the name on the account is hers and is a part time employee of the store with a credit card. In my six years installing and for different companies as well, this has got to be the most cock-a-mamy fiasco I've been involved with. If I tell the boss to go ahead and send someone else , I can already smell the **** jobs I'm going to be handed. Work for someone else. Not in this area of wilderness. Got kids in school here and can't relocate. But I know what bull**** smells like.
This is CABL.com posting #187952. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mW3E
Posted in reply to: Re: Dish Standard Install by satman0001
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Dish Standard Install Beatnik 3/31/2007 2:22:00 AM