Create your free account now! Sign up

Dish Standard Install

When a new customer gets his install he expects the free equipment and a free install. Actually it is a free "standard" install. Dish Network says that is one wall penetration coming in from the dish. Wall fishing, attic crawls and false ceilings are extra.
So lately I've been getting installs with a name and address thinking I'm looking for a residence when actually upon arrival find that it is a sports bar or a store in a strip mall or something commercial. The sales person isn't told because the customer knows that commercial accounts pay more per month. I don't care how much they pay or that they are getting the residential price. What I do care about is the 10 inch concrete walls I need to drill through and the flat rubber membrane roof that the building owner doesn't want holes and lag bolts. So now find out I need to order a non-penetrating roof mount and come back a second time, 100 miles round trip, my gas and time on the road the second time. I need to hawl up a half dozen concrete blocks through a straight up pipe ladder through a trap door I can hardly fit my shoulders through. That means carrying them above your head to shove them through the hole above you. Have you ever held and balanced a concrete block above your head with ONE hand. You have to hang onto the ladder with the other one. Hanging onto the block at your side doesn't let you through the opening because of it's size next to you. Other wise you can go up to the roof and drop a rope over the side, go back down to the ground, tie it to the block, go back up the ladder and trap door, walk across the 80 acre roof and pull the block up. SIX TIMES! Then how about fishing the coax through false ceilings above about three other stores. Now the customer doesnt want to pay any extra cuz it's a FREE install. Your boss back at the office says all we can pay is by the amount of receivers. Flat rate standard install. B.S.
This is CABL.com posting #187949. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mW3B
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: Dish Standard Install techseven 4/1/2007 12:52:00 AM
Re: Dish Standard Install Chopps 3/31/2007 10:40:00 PM
Re: Dish Standard Install SBCASweepTech 3/31/2007 1:57:00 AM
Re: Dish Standard Install satman0001 3/31/2007 1:36:00 AM