Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here is a switch

The sub he is talking about is me. Rabcom and myself parted ways when a man (the owner of Rabcom) who I provided A+ work for nearly 2 years, helped his employees understand how to perform their installs of Voip, HSI, and video, invited to my wedding as family, turned around and hired a hack in a beat up 87 black battered dodge caravan with a painted ladder bungeed to the luggage rack and paid this guy the same scale as myself, somebody who put in the time and made sure the work I did would always reflect well for Rabcom. Now I'm sorry if I am overly sensitive and take things the wrong way, but to me hiring a complete and total hack and paying them the same as you pay somebody that provides you with quality work 100 % of the time and always shows up to work rain or shine is a direct slap in the face.

This is a copy of the email sent to rabcom back in sept. 06 (and yes I have the headers for proof but will omit the email addresses so nobody gets hit with stuff in the mailbox.

To: Rxxxxxx xxxw

Cc: Sxxxn Law Associates

Re: Server Proposal

As you have told me you are going to get a third party to install the server we discussed, I cannot assume any liability nor give any sort of warranty on an item that is shipped to another location and then installed by a party unknown by myself. I personally am working six days a week and long hours during those days to see a project off the ground and would not be able to take any time from that should any problems arise due to hardware, software, and installer or user error. For this reason I feel your company would be better suited with a commercial product and simply ask that you deduct any deposit from the final check you would be tendering to me for work I have provided to your company in good faith.

I have thought about this long and hard and I can only assume there were reasons why I was turned back on my trip and I’ve come to the conclusion that I simply would not be able to give any assurances that I could render support should it be needed that I have to travel that distance to provide it.

Thank you, Dxx xxxxxn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 7:58 AM
To: (-REDACTED-)
Cc: 'Pxxxxxxxxxn'; 'Mxxxxxxxxz'
Subject: Server Delivery address

5 months later, not 5 days, or 5 weeks I get a call from rabcom saying they never took out the $$ from the final check that they direct deposited into my account and I replied that after I check back and look at all records I would pay them if it was so.
Now don't take me wrong, I'm not saying that how I was treated is any excuse for not returning any $$ that might or might not be owed.
If owed I will take care of it.
Also this altruism being claimed of supporting my other business is simply a fact of " the product I would have provided in reality would have saved rabcom $$$$, and not that "he was supporting me".
Also the equipment in question is a $400. fiberglass rodder that sits unused in my garage and can be picked up at any time.

I have called and left a message with the party above and hopefully this will resolve w/o trouble.
This is CABL.com posting #187712. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWZM
Posted in reply to: Here is a switch by RABCOM
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Here is a switch RABCOM 3/26/2007 9:33:00 PM