Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: are installers "dawgs"?

Boy did this string take me back L.A 1980 there was no cable in Hollywood. People didn't think they even need anymore channels.
Walking phone with the rope tied around your waist.
Alumaweld strand( if you've ever used it you'd never forget it)
Ivy covered poles.
Burning through a phone drop with the strand and the phone rings!!!!
Winching 2 1" cables and the rope breaks.
114 degrees and SMOG.
Hey Chuck why did you cut so much of that tree? "I had too I couldn't get the strand through if I didn't plus I was thinking of the cable crew, you know they would have just complained that my strand was F***ed up and we can't have that.!"
Guard Arms...Double Guard Arms (Calif only...you know like emmission controlled cars)
Hey Check out the Micheal Jackson video "Beat it" Those Double 10' side extention arms you see when they are in the ally. That was me, alone, off hooks. Yeah baby!!!
And yeah I could pump a hole through a pole faster than a power drill (which didn't make the scene until 1983) with a 10" sweep brace and bit. But I gave in and got one anyway, I wasn't as tired at the end of the day after using it.
Did anybody put a weaver clamp on your stand reel while you were 2000' feet out pulling an easment run and suddenly you couldn't pull anymore. Then they would drive by on the way in and ask "are you having any trouble"?
The price of getting a lost tool back ... "a 6 pack"
The price of getting a pole jumped on you..A 6 pack.
The price of getting a ride into work...A 6 pack.
The price for diamond washers..a 6 pack plus you had to hit that stick again during drive out.
Next time ..Mud puppy stories. javascript:%20x()
Smokin
This is CABL.com posting #187414. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWUY
Posted in reply to: Re: are installers "dawgs"? by Wolf1
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: are installers "dawgs"? flukeskywalker 4/4/2007 11:53:00 PM
Re: are installers "dawgs"? 1st to Kink 3/22/2007 2:39:00 PM
Re: are installers "dawgs"? SBCASweepTech 3/22/2007 9:10:00 AM