Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Is Wildblue Cert. worth it?

What I am trying to say is this. IF YOU ACCEPT $140 or $100 per install you are getting SCREWED. That is your choice, if you want to enter into an unreasonable contract. I personally will not do that nor do I think it is worth spending the $400 I spent getting certified. That is why I do not install for those numbers!!!

Unlike oldschool, I think that Wildblue is a great service! I can understand his sentiments, but in our area it fits well for those of us who will never have copper or cable to our homes.

Rich381861, I also carry a 1m/2m insurance policy. I pay $2.50+ per gallon of gas. I buy ALL MY OWN SUPPLIES, and guarantee the install for 90 days. My suggestion to you is to get your happy butt in a van and go install the systems. After all it is just running two cables to a modem and hook up an ethernet cable. You never have to crawl a house, climb in an attic, or anything else. Since it is so simple and only about "two hours" worth of work....you probably would have enough time to do all the other things you would like to do.

I suppose you are one of those retailers who tells the customer that "everything is free." You probably don't ever go through the FAP policy and the STANDARD INSTALL RULES with the customer PRIOR to selling the system.....heck no!!! Leave that to the installer to complete the sale. Then if the sale goes sour when the installer is at the residence....you probably blame them for "losing the sale."
This is CABL.com posting #187074. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWPu
Posted in reply to: Re: Is Wildblue Cert. worth it? by rich381861
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Is Wildblue Cert. worth it? SBCASweepTech 3/16/2007 4:14:00 PM