Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: audit tell me if im off base

That reply tells me you are trying to give someone advice on a subject you know little about. Direct sales you find your own customers.. Take a guess at how people do direct sales in this business. How many cable salesmen you see with shops set up in strip malls?? How do people do direct sales in any business. You find your leads. Direct sales means you go out and make direct contact with potential customers. Do I have to educate you on whats next? Guess how direct sales guys, btw by far outnumber the auditors in this business, get their leads? Green bar checking for U/As. I dont have to tell my guys to go do audits just a given in this industry if its a direct sales contract(makes me wonder how much experience you have doing direct sales after you laughed about other peoples career. They do audit for free in a sense). You can convert about 20 to 50 % of your U/As if the MSO is working with you. Ask any direct sales guy that has a ladder and they will tell you an audit is the dessert(you see how this reply is dominated by sales material its a hint as to what audits are really about). If they arent paying for the audit then you do not have to climb the pole and disco you do it at the house(keep in mind you are trying to sale these people so if you dont turn their **** off your gonna be eating at the soup kitchen). Ok lets break this down to simple math. you do 150 audits thats 300 bucks. You will find around 10% U/As(guess what this means you climb 15 poles to make $300). Thats 15 leads to sale to depending on comission but we will say its the bottom dollar amount $30 bucks for basic. We are going to give avg weekly #s for sales and its on the low side 20(20 is what you get when your turff sux)... Ok you do the math 20 sales x $30 comission = $600 (remember if you sold them you dont have to climb the pole to disco plus your getting paid a reconnect) Now add your audits which is 150 audits per day x 2.00 we get $300 multiply that by 6 you get 1800. now add 600 to that you get $2400. Wow and thats working 4 - 6 hours a day (typically waking up around lunch)for climbing what 70 to 100 poles. I have climbed 100 poles doing discos for 400 bucks. Wasnt I the moron! That doesnt even include box recovery, reconnects or RF work. Direct sales contracts should pay a comission double or triple what i said previously(if they pay for an audit they pay less on the sales comission). But like i said Audits are the gravy BECAUSE SALES ARENT GUARANTEED MONEY. AUDITS ARE!!! > AUDITS = MONEY IN THE BANK= GRAVY. So now you got an idea of how it works? You can go back to doing installs and leave the gravy to us. If your not doing the sales then dont try consider yourself an asset just take it or leave it. Auditors are a dime a dozen thats an honest experienced opinion. Post an add for an audit at $1.50 and see if you dont have 50 calls by lunch. I can staff an audit project within a couple hours of getting the contract. How many gusy have you heard complain on the cable bar that do sales? Very few because they know its on them how much they make most of the time. This time its a rookie asking a question and he has gotten replies form people that obvoisly havent a clue as to what audits are about... Join us next time on the cable dog education network we will be discussing the different types of hand lotion used by satellite techs. Sumahit you new to the business, perhaps Satellite guy? On a different note size does matter she lied to ya. HA!
This is CABL.com posting #186818. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWLm
Posted in reply to: Re: audit tell me if im off base by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: audit tell me if im off base sumahit 3/11/2007 5:53:00 PM