Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: OM 1000 and DSR-4520x

In a conventional headend setup, the 4520 has no relationship to the OM-1000. The 4520 is used to recieve & decrypt the uplinked video signal from the provider.

The OM-1000 is a component of the Motorola Conditional Access System, centrally run by the DAC-6000. The OM will take it's data feed from the DAC (or many times from another component, the RAD), and merely convert that data signal to an RF carrirer for the downstream STB data.

I suppose it is possible you could have a unique scenario where the 4520 IRD & the OM-1000 have some sort of relationship, but I'm not aware of any scenario.

If you have your 4520 authorized for the right service, then you will need to get that service to an analog mod(if intended for your analog tier), or a QAM(64 or 256 if you dont need it on your analog tier). From there you will map the service for packages & channel number assignment using the DAC, which gets extremely lengthy & complicated to type out, as there are certainly many variables which could be specific to your system that I wouldnt know at this time.

Motorola will help (when you finally get them on the phone), but you will need somebody in your company that can operate the DAC efficiently going forward...unless you have a fairly small system and subscribe to some sort of Motorola support for your CAS setups. But you will need "somebody" to make those types of changes for you periodically in the future(not to mention handle the CAS components), and I would not use Moto for it unless I had a direct line to somebody when I needed them.

Hope that helps a little.
This is CABL.com posting #186659. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWIN
Posted in reply to: OM 1000 and DSR-4520x by Chris13
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: OM 1000 and DSR-4520x Chris13 3/8/2007 11:49:00 AM