Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Sumahit and I were talking.......

Actually, I didnt feel you insulted me. What you're saying TOTALLY makes sense. Which is why the bosses wont listen. All IM saying is, both labor and management have to be on the same page for what youre talking about to come to life. It is my opinion that the management side of the business doesnt want it. Why? I dont know.

Management right now controls EVERYTHING in this industry. The have all the say, and all the control. They have no opposition. Whatever they mandate on the labor force, is accepted. They have mandated MANY things. But mandating, or even encouraging, training and education is not one of things they mandate. So when I said youre painting a rosey picture, I simply meant that you talk as if the suits in this business really want a better trained workforce. IMO, they dont. They want cheap labor. No I take that back, they want FREE labor. CATV having a documented highly trained and skilled workforce makes it less likely for them to achieve their goal of obtaining FREE labor.

If they wanted workers with more training, they could mandate it just like they mandate pay cuts, chargebacks, and everything else. But, they dont. So what should that tell you? It tells me they dont want it.
This is CABL.com posting #186165. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWAP
Posted in reply to: Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... by oldschoolgal
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Sumahit and I were talking....... CATV58 3/2/2007 4:31:00 PM