Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: pro sat installers

I hear ya bro.

although the pay sucks now we have to look at the real reason why.
Like you say Pablo around the corner doing it for less is a major contribution.
They can get Pablo for 50/10 or 39/10 as one guy quoted me. so they figure a guy with vast knowledge, like you, or me and many others, who helped DTV and Dish get where they are today, to do it for just a bit better then what they are offering Pablo. this makes it look not so bad.
2. the fact that they get 105/35 or 85/25 and offer 65/15 is an insult.
It boils down to a sub of a sub effect without the extra sub. All these new companies have done, is figured out they can still offer 50/15 - 65/15 and get the same result with higher profit margins.
You must admit, while others offer 70/20 or 70/15 these guys look like another greedy company. And with a 30 day net, how much do we want to give up?
Add the fact that most of these guys they get, don't have the diversity you and I have, and it is a rut for them more or less.
Looking at all that and the fact that there is a major possibility that they will be driving all over creation just to get more work. You know, we all did it, broaden your coverage area to get more installs. It doesn't pay out in the end.
And like you said being sick and working because of fear of loosing the work, man that's no way to live. That is one of the main reasons I chose not to install sats anymore. There is no appreciation for the tech. not by the companies and definitely not by the customer.
you know, "DTV said everything was free including custom work".The long phone calls. Only to find out that YES you will have to do it for free and wait for a capped off reimbursement, if any.
I get tired of seeing GOOD hard working techs fall victim to this as do you I'm sure.
This is CABL.com posting #186077. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWzp
Posted in reply to: Re: pro sat installers by SATMAN/MEMPHIS
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: pro sat installers SATMAN/MEMPHIS 2/25/2007 9:20:00 PM