Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: pro sat installers

Sum, I don't want to fight ya but.....since X mas I have been averaging approximately $1,700. highest being $3,000 lowest being $1,200...I only make 65/15 and I have to foot all materials, and I am not by any means a hack who charges for made up jobs like...an attic crawl..lol, a crawl space fee for going under houses, and people pay these things. I worked from Dec. 27th until Feb.17th without a day off , and on Tuesdays and Fridays I put well over 400 miles on my truck plus completing installs. I don't like it , but it's what I know man. If I had the same work load now as I did when I was making $150 a single install. Boy I would be rich....It was a new item and it made a big splash and a lot of people made a lot of money. Through trials and tribulations DTV settle the price to be free for the equipment, and everything started to bottom out from there. It's very sad..Today is my 42nd birthday and am sick as a dog with the flu, have been for the past 4 days, but I worked everyday that I was sick. I am scared to death to put off any job for any reason because Pablo is right around the corner waiting to undercut me in any way shape or form. I like doing sat installs or I wouldn't be doing them. The pay sucks, it sure does, but rest assure it will not be going up while we are alive. Out of $1,500 invoice I figure $150 for drop material and $250 for gas...working 80 hours a week sucks, but you got to do it. Little over $14 an hour total, driving and working , so it's not that bad..
This is CABL.com posting #186068. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWzg
Posted in reply to: Re: pro sat installers by sumahit
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: pro sat installers rmblnmn1 2/25/2007 6:11:00 PM
Re: pro sat installers sumahit 2/25/2007 6:09:00 PM
Re: pro sat installers sumahit 2/25/2007 6:00:00 PM
Re: pro sat installers sumahit 2/25/2007 5:48:00 PM
Re: pro sat installers Mechanical 2/25/2007 5:42:00 PM