Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sub rates highest paid????

Hey "Waiting out the Storm" when i was doing commercial cable installations, i had a job in this lawyers office porting over 4 lines. Brand new install although there was a drop already coming to the prem from the tap (no filters).
Sounds like easy money right?

WRONG!

The comm desk didn't even have the numbers set up for porting yet and the lawyers office current tel svc provider was releasing the numbers by 4p.m. that evening!
Keep in mind that i had already starting porting over the numbers so now the lawyer had no phone svc!

Now being that i had two other jobs for the day, i'd figure i go and finish those jobs first and come back later while the comm desk works on getting that crap taken care of. After all none of this $$h*T was my fault right?

WRONG!

Both the MSO and the Prime asked me to stay there because it was only going to take a few minutes to straighten out and they didn't want the owners getting upset that they didn't have any phone svc. Of course they said they would compensate me adequately for doing so and took my two other jobs away from me.

Sounds easy right?

WRONG!

Well 13 hours later!
YES i said 13hrs later, they finally get the situation resolved after it's only me and the janitor left in the building, who said he couldn't wait any longer and he wanted to go home!

So now i would have to go back the next day because i couldn't swap the tel lines at the terminal because the comm desk didn't know if they would be able to port over the numbers at all!

So now i made $115 on a 13 hr not including the 1 hr the next day on a job spending my gas to get out there!!

I don't know how you do math buddy but that doesn't add up to $90 an hr!!
H3ll that doesn't even add up to $10 an hour!!!!

This is CABL.com posting #186075. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWzn
Posted in reply to: Re: sub rates highest paid???? by Waiting out the Storm
There are 0 replies to this message