Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: sub rates highest paid????

You're making ridiculous assumptions. First off 45 Min's is a best case scenario or very, very close to one, for that type of work. There are more things that can go wrong (and I might add through NO fault of the tech), that add significant amounts of time to that type of job, then I could even go into right now. The next one might take 3 hours, the next one cancel after you have completely done the whole job, negating your pay. Then as a favor to the MSO you may go back to the cable office for equipment, to pick up that extra job that JUST HAS TO BE DONE NOW because the CABLE COMPANY missed putting it in the morning routes, and when you drive 25 or more miles just for that one job, the customer will tell you they cancelled, or won't be home. (of course, they won't answer their phone when you precall them). Again, you burn your gas and your time, but don't make a dime. The list goes on and on.

The rate of pay for all work tasks should be reflective of the true average cost in time and money to do it. NOT based on a best case scenario. I'm sure you know this!

Please don't try to BS any of us. We live and work in the REAL WORLD.
[smokin] Vagabond
This is CABL.com posting #186007. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWyh
Posted in reply to: Re: sub rates highest paid???? by Waiting out the Storm
There are 0 replies to this message