Create your free account now! Sign up

Duck Needs A Hand Please , Thanks in Advance

The following is an e-mail I have sent to the Ellen Show , please as many of you that are willing to help please copy and paste my e-mail to her that she might see it as it was posted by more than one e-mailer . If Duck gets lucky enough and she reads it maybe I'll make her show ," that Duck dearly Loves ", I admit it , I'm addicted to the Antics of Ellen . We need notoriety for our industry and Ellen being the great humanitarian woman she is may help . So please help me too reach her . Thanks in Advance for your Help!
Respectfully , Jerry Whitfield

Hi Ellen ,

A week or so ago I saw your show in which you requested e-mails about work tragedy . Here was my Worst , Tilted AMTRACK . It takes place some years back . I am a cable television contractor and author . I was traveling from Ft. Lauderdale Florida to Rocky Mt .North Carolina . The Trip was at night , I left Ft.Lauderdale and on my way up to N.C. I decided to have a few drinks in the Bar Car . After three or four I decided to go back to my seat and sleep the rest of the way . I told the stewardess to be sure and awaken Me when we reached Rocky Mt . She agreed , I placed my destination voucher in its proper place above the seat and went to sleep. My now ex wife was at the station in Rocky Mt about 12;30 pm , I was finally awakened from sleep when this large black woman seated herself next to me , and woke me up , to my astonishment the car that was empty of passengers was now full . I started a conversation with the lady , she then asked , where are you going , My reply Rocky Mt , her reply unt un , I said what do you mean , She said I got on in Rocky Mt. we left there about 10 minutes ago , I lost it , so to speak , I'm not a little man at 6'3" about 250 , not fat , anyway , I quickly find the stewardess and bite her head off (not literly) I say how the hell did you let me sleep through my stop . Where is your Brain woman? I said yo need to find the Conductor and stop this damn train and let me off . She then panicking goes to find the conductor . I give her a couple minutes and when she hasn't returned I went looking for her . I ran as far forward as I could go , then back to the back of the train to find no one , by this time I'm practically ballistic , I'm standing in the empty bar car when I look up and Spot this Cable with the above Caption "To Stop Train Pull Cable" so I did . Holly Chit , the Am track came to a stop like attached to a Giant rubber band . The Conducter then finds me . He says you'd be in alot of trouble if we had of been in a curve , you would have derailed this train , I replied Your in alot of trouble now because there is no one here to Protect you and the Stupid Bitch from Me . How the Hell do you plan on getting me back to Rocky Mt. He was flabbergasted to say the least . He says settle down sir , we'll get you home . I told him if anybody hurts my wife at the Station in Brother town (The Black Section ) its gonna be a bad day . They had to inspect the entire outside the Train before they could move it as I had brought it to an emergency stop. The Conductor assures me when I get too Richmond Va. that Amtrack would make me happy . I settled down and rode on to Richmond . Apon arriving in Richmond I called my wife , weren't many cell phones in the eightys , she was ok . I then spoke with the mgr. he wanted me to stay the night in the train station and they would put me on the first train back in the morning . I went ballistic again , I said you should fly me back to Carolina , he said we could put you on a bus in an hour , that only pissed me off further , I said if I had wanted to ride a GD bus I would have taken one to start with . I settled down and asked who's the President of Am track was and where does he live , I don't recall his name but at the time he lived in Washington D.C. I then Called info and Got his number and woke him up at 2 am and blessed him out , he took all I had to Say and then replys I hope Am track makes you happy sir , Have a good evening good bye , and hangs up the phone .Since that time , if I'm going some where , I fly or Drive , because Am track lost my Business Many Years Ago . I hope you enjoyed the story , I have written many others . go to cabl.com , click on pony up tp bar , under discussion , click on off topic , casual , any topic you will find me there . To read just BigDuck ,once you pull up one of my writings click on Big Duck and then click on current messages . Those are some of my writings . If you want to know what I really look like call Harry Hamlins wife and ask her does she recall the man that was running Solar Tan in Pompano Bch. Florida a couple years back , that looks Similar to Tom Sellick and has a voice like Sam Elliot that she offered me to screen test with her producer. I now wish I had taken her offer . Hind sight is always 20/20 . Thanks for reading , My e mail is seachaser57@hotmail .com if you enjoy my story and would like to reach me , you can find me there or on Cabl.com .
Thanks for your help guys! Respectfully , Jerry Whitfield
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #185397. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWor
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Duck Needs A Hand Please , Thanks in Advance vegassatellite 2/16/2007 6:20:00 PM
Re: Duck Needs A Hand Please , Thanks in Advance ocffactor 2/16/2007 4:43:00 PM
Re: Duck Needs A Hand Please , Thanks in Advance NescoSaleRental 2/16/2007 3:10:00 PM