Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Best value climbing boots (?)

Wesco's are junk! Had them rebuilt didn't last 6months and at the time didn't climb everyday. Never done the Redwings some swear by them. My pref. Hoffman Boots Kellogg Idaho(family owned, good folks) they have an (800) number will send you a catalog. Dual shank you will not feel the pole at first and you won't ever have arch problems, sweet. I've had their 60 below dual shanks(La Crosse's with their soles) also nothing compares for winter. It was a bit to much the 30 below should suffice even if your hanging for 20-30 min. and inactive. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT get 5" heels unless your wanting to look tall in the saddle or tall at the bar(you'll regret). 1 1/2, 2 inches at the most you'll twist an ankle and they are hell in the winter. I've climbed(splicing) in reg. 12" boots(Hoffmans) single shank, boils down to your pads your running. If your going to wear them in the winter get thin silk thinsulate and a med to thick sock over them otherwise get the 30's I suggested they'll last for ever and you will not suffer. Cadillac and worth every penny. Also hang those boots upside(let them relax with gravity) down every night or lay flat on the floor and step on them to flatten(ankles) them out they all sag and cut into your ankles. Wesco's do not make daul shank never have.
This is CABL.com posting #185155. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWkx
Posted in reply to: Best value climbing boots (?) by mrkuhn
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Best value climbing boots (?) polehopper1 3/2/2007 9:36:00 PM
Re: Best value climbing boots (?) Gary Vest 2/12/2007 7:00:00 PM
Re: Best value climbing boots (?) woodhook 2/12/2007 4:29:00 AM