Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Will This Industry Quit Cutting The Prices?

Just a opinion from a old dawg. I remember when the price was up and we all made great money. I believe the price dropped when AT&T started buying up systems. They decided that we will work for a lower price or we do not work. Well as work dried up with cable companies. Primes decided to work for the prices AT&T were offering. This was the first bad move as all the other MSO watched and licked their lips.
In the early days we all worked at this job as craftsmen. Now we cut each others throats for the scrapes we can get. The primes have lowered their standards on the managers they can afford and workers to do the job. I am not saying that all of us don't care as some craftsmen are still out there. The migrant worker has come in and will do the work for a lot less than we will. This has kept the primes in business. I know they all will say not on my job that is illegal. I bet you go to any construction job and you will find them there. Until the primes refuse to work for peanuts and stop letting the migrants have our jobs we will keep going down this road.

I guess this business has given me a good life in the past but, I can barely pay the mortgage now. It is hell to build a life in this industry and have to look your love ones in the eye and say it has to go. I wish it was different but it is not.....
This is CABL.com posting #185153. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWkv
Posted in reply to: Re: Will This Industry Quit Cutting The Prices? by Reality Check
There are 0 replies to this message