Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Work is there?

David,
You missed the point I was trying to make.....

You raised issues about the pay-outs you receive from the primes on the contract pricing they negotiate with the MSO. My thought's for you to cut out the "middle man" would give you 100% of the contracts billable revenue and place your financial success in your hands (no excuses).

As a prime you have to balance "cash flow" after all project expenses and cover accounts receivables at times will be out 90+ days.

Making payroll for the agreed upon wages for your installer team comes first and can never miss a payday.

The last thing you want to do is have my team "the working man" pis**d off and leave, it costs 4K to hire and train a replacement.

Not an easy balance to pull together, You could pay-out 90% of the contract price, however you would be out of business in a month and fail to meet payroll.

Finally, I have viewed several posts with primes hiring "hacks" off the street to fill the need with warm bodies. Currently my two highest producers have less then two years in the business and made over 70K last year with an average QA scores (by the MSO) of 90% and a trouble call after installation of 5% (30 day period).

I have no problem spending the 4K in training expense to get the right team member, applicant's still cost the me the same.

As "RonTWC" post in this topic string said "Our industry is absolutely booming and is not going to slow down for the next few years, every professional person I know (who is doing this right) are making a killing right now, granted if you are trying to work the old way and not willing to change and search for other income opportunities".

Time for a "Reality Check" if YOU are truly committed to the business to take a leading role as a seasoned veteran with constructive view points.

I spent sometime crafting this reply as not to offend or judge your previous posts, so I ask you to show the same consideration with your reply....if not, well it's your choice

This is CABL.com posting #185105. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWjJ
Posted in reply to: Re: Work is there? by davidbickle
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Work is there? TDD1 2/12/2007 11:21:00 AM
Re: Work is there? davidbickle 2/11/2007 11:07:00 PM
$70K specsplicer 2/11/2007 12:35:00 PM