Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: precalls??????

i agree that it is always best to have all the eq onsite, i'll do analog cable and hsd installs without eq if the customer seems fairly competent.........my reason for these two is that customer service can tell someone how to plug in the modem and i can have the modem levels checked by the same, but as for digital cable their are too many bad boxes and then the remotes that have to be programmed........with dish (which is what i'm doing right now) i won't touch a job without a tv in the house, and generally i won't do a new install without everything present......my reasoning there is that the programming of the remotes, the rf remote id's the diplexors and the tv2 modulation is just way too much for almost any sub...........hell it's too much for a lot of them after you spent an hour explaining it and handed them a book with all the same information, plus putting stickers on the remotes with all of the equipment present at the install........but my complaint is the number of subs i get (not tons, but way too many) that don't know prior to my arrival what their responsibilities are. that's how i look at it.........you want a service, then you are responsible to be at home when the job is shceduled, and you are responsible to have the equipment to be hooked up there at that time.......and i think that a very friendly note during a precall would save everyone time and make everyone more money........i'd say that it should be included at the time of order, but the service providers can do what they want, they'll get the money in the end regardless, but a prime should be handling this as a matter of protecting their bottom line.......they only get so many jobs a day and they only have so many techs.........the completed jobs are the one's that pay and the techs making money is what keeps them around.........the tech can only do so much if he gets his route each morning which is how i've almost always seen it done. it's simple:

pre-calls = money
This is CABL.com posting #184905. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mWgv
Posted in reply to: Re: precalls?????? by Gwester843
There are 0 replies to this message